LED Assembly and Sensor packaging
C-MAC has extensive experience supporting its customers with ceramic-based solutions for LED lighting. In many applications where electronic circuit space is restricted and heat has to be removed, ceramic solutions have much to offer.
Ceramic substrates combine a series of strengths that make ceramic technology THE preferred choice for many LED applications
- much better heat dissipation on Alumina [Al2O3] or Aluminium Nitride [AlN] ceramic base materials than on standard glass-reinforced epoxy laminates (e.g. FR4, FR5)
- stable thermal management to ensure uniform heat transfer and optimal performance of high power, high brightness LEDs
- direct surface application using established, high density packaging thick film printed circuitry and conventional SMT processes
- close matching of thermal coefficient of expansion [TCE] between the bare LED die and the ceramic substrate
- good reflectivity of the base material itself – e.g. white Alumina
- excellent electrical isolation of ceramics in high voltage requirements (~10kV/mm)
- very robust against environmental stress (gases, vibration, high temperatures), achieves long term stability of the application
- complex circuits with multi-layer e.g. control and power circuitry can be implemented on the same board
- population processes beyond conventional standard PCB with bare die interconnect technology options for power and control devices
- very cost competitive to special PCB solutions designed to overcome the thermal management limitations of glass-reinforced epoxy laminates
Our customers have power LED solutions established in the market based on C-MAC substrate designs since several years. Several millions of units are in the market already.
LED lighting market sector applications include:
- Domestic & Commerical
- Automotive Vehicle
- Aerospace & Defence
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- UV and other select wavelengths
C-MAC ceramic solutions cover a very broad spectrum of LED applications; from simple metallised substrates to complex water-cooled modules integrating hundreds of bare die LEDs.
You have a project or you just want to receive more information on our "LED Assembly and Sensor Packaging", please contact our
Sales & Engineering department.
For Europe : For Canada & US :
Bart Amez Marco Lajoie
Business Development Manager Business Development Manager
Industriëlestraat 4 3000, Industrial Blvd
9600 Ronse - Belgium Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada J1L 1V8
Tel : +32 (0) 55 23 72 33 Tel: 819-829-3102
Email: BartAmez@cmac.com E-mail: MarcoLajoie@cmac.com